1 April Fools’ Day
- The learner can give a description of what s/he has seen.
- The learner can consolidate new vocabulary.
- Videos or photographs about the custom of fooling each other on the 1st of April
- A device for playing videos
- Show the video with the sound turned off.
- Ask the learners to comment on what they have seen.
- Write new or relevant words the learners are using on the blackboard.
- Show the video again, with the sound on, so that the learners can complete the description.
- Add new and relevant words on the blackboard.
- Discuss the video: why or when was the video made?
- Explain the custom to make jokes and fool people on April Fools’ Day.
- Ask the learners about similar habits in their country.
Close up with a April Fools’ Day Joke, e.g. fooling the class next to yours.
Tips for the instructor
Every year Google creates an April Fools’ Joke. You find the link to the list of the jokes below. Click on a year, copy the title of the joke and Google it. The videos are English spoken, funny, clear and short.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.