The learner can use non-verbal communication.
Blackboard and chalk or flipchart and pens
- Divide the group into two teams.
- Let the learners queue behind the starting line.
- Give the last learner of each team a number.
- S/he has to pass it to the learner in front of him/her without speaking, e.g. by forming the number on the back of the person.
- The learners pass the number on, up to the first learner in line.
- S/he runs to the blackboard to write down the number. S/he also says the number aloud.
- The first team to write and say the correct number, gets a point.
- Make sure every learner gets to run.
- Before starting the exercise, give the teams time to discuss how they will pass the information without speaking.
- For large groups you can play with more than two teams.
- Let the learners pass short words instead of numbers.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.