The learner can consolidate the numbers.
A basque cap (a beret)
Teach or repeat the numbers.
- Divide the group into two teams, which line up across from each other. There should be 10 to 30 meters between the teams.
- Give all the learners a number, the learners facing each other get the same number.
- Appoint a team captain for each team.
- Place the basque cap in the middle of the two teams.
- Shout a number.
- The two learners with the mentioned number have to run to get the basque cap.
- The learner who succeeds in bringing the cap behind the line of his/her team and handing it over to the team captain, gets a point.
- The other learner can get a point if s/he succeeds in touching the other learner before s/he has reached the line.
- Shout a second number if no one succeeds in grabbing the cap. That way the players can develop strategies on how to act.
- You can use words instead of numbers, to consolidate specific vocabulary.
- To make the game more challenging (in terms of sport) players have to start at a specific spot or in a specific position, e.g. plank.
Tips for the instructor
Don’t let the exercise become too physical. Simply touching the opponent is enough. Punish fouls by taking away points.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.