Sing a song!
The learner can understand a song.
- For every learner a printed version of the lyrics.
- Look for a suitable song on Youtube.
- Share the link in the WhatsApp group.
- Make a list of relevant questions about the song.
- Play the song a couple of times, without showing the clip.
- Ask questions after every listening round, starting with general questions.
▪ Do you know the song?
▪ Who sings the song? How do you imagine the singer?
▪ Which emotions does this song evoke?
▪ Do you like the song?
▪ What words do you hear several times in this song?
▪ How often do you hear the word(s)?
▪ Which rhyming words do you hear?
▪ What other words do you hear?
- Write the words that have been recognized in the correct order on the blackboard, so the structure of verse and chorus appears.
- Show the clip and complete the text.
- Explain new words.
- Discuss the content of the song.
- Sing the song together.
Tips for the instructor
- Beginners: sometimes it is enough to work on the chorus only.
- Play and sing the song during following lessons. Repetition and recognition make it fun and meaningful.
- Encourage the learners to sing along by singing yourself.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.