- The learner can consolidate new vocabulary.
- The learner can describe images.
Cards with words or images related to the treated topic.
- Sit in a circle.
- Take a card and describe what’s on the card, without using the word or parts of the word, e.g. ‘milkman’: he sells liquid food made by a cow. The word ‘man’ and ‘milk’ may not be used.
- The learner guessing the word, gets a point.
- In turns, the learners take a card and describe the image on it.
Tips for the instructor
- Complete a set of cards with images by a second set of words or vice versa. This way, you have now two sets to play Memory. Provide several sets for bigger groups.
- Before starting Memory, let the learners make two matching columns, one with the words, one with the images.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.