The learner can give and receive compliments.
- Paper and pens
- Cardboard plates
- Glue and strong tape
Glue a sheet of paper on every plate.
- Sit in a circle.
- Start giving compliments to each learner.
- Explain and discuss what a compliment is.
How does it make you feel?
Do you like receiving a compliment?
Do you compliment easily?
On what do you compliment?
- Ask for and teach words and ways to formulate a compliment.
- Ask the learners to tape the plates to each other’s back.
- Let them walk around in the classroom.
- On a sign of you, the learners form pairs and write a compliment on each other’s plate.
- Each learner should receive a compliment from all the others.
- Let each learner read the compliments they have received, aloud.
- Write well written compliments on the board.
You can have the group discussion on compliments after the exercise.
Tips for the instructor
- In case of an odd number of participants, you can join in or have one trio.
- Take pictures of each plates and send them to the learners via WhatsApp.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.