The learner can name the letters of the alphabet correctly.
Blackboard and chalk
- Choose a word, of which the meaning is known by the learners.
- On the blackboard, draw a line for each letter in the word.
- Let a first learner select a letter of the alphabet. If the letter is contained in the word, reveal the letter on the corresponding line(s) in the word.
- If the letter is not contained, draw a part of the hangman.
- A learner can only take a guess at the complete word when it is his/her turn.
- The winner is the one who guesses the word correctly.
- The group loses if the hangman is drawn completely before the word has been guessed.
- You can let a learner choose and write a word on the blackboard. Check the spelling!
- For longer games, choose phrases instead of words.
Tips for the instructor
- If you want to add a competitive element, divide the group into two teams, taking turns to guess.
- Draw a snowman, a flower… if you think a hangman can evoke unpleasant memories.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.