A cook in the classroom
The learner can name vocabulary about cooking and healthy food.
In consultation with the cook.
· Find a cook/nutrition expert or someone else who knows a lot about cooking and healthy eating.
· Prepare the lesson together and determine what material is needed.
· The cook teaches.
· Think of a good opening of the lesson / introduction of the cook and a nice, fitting closing.
· Make notes of important new words and expressions.
· Discuss these words and expressions later with the learners.
Tips for the instructor
· Prepare the learners for the visit of the cook in the previous lesson.
· Show them images to build up prior knowledge.
· Make a ‘did-you-know-that’ list with the help of the cook, with easy-to-remember tips.
· Teach the learners some tricks, like: how to quickly cut an onion, or how to get a cork out of a bottle without a corkscrew, etc.
· Include the skills of the learners: what tips and tricks do they have?
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.